Monday, December 1, 2014

Yippee! I Got to order the Backing on Cyber Monday

I've been waiting to make an order for the backing for my queen sized quilt and today I finished the top on this number to bring it to 60" square.  I found a flannel that I think will work as I don't want to put a plush on the other side of this as I don't think I could quilt it on my machine and I'm not going to pay someone to quilt this when I need the practice on my machine.  She really loves plush fabrics, but I'm just not sure, so I'll stick to what I know for this one.

It's a bit hard to photograph as it isn't quilted yet, but here is the peek.

It's part of my choosing to participate in the Cross the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along found Here

I got the fabrics from Color Wheel Palette found Here

I just love Vicki's color palette fabrics.  This will be just so much fun to quilt for my 12 year old granddaughter.  It's very much a teen age friendly quilt top and will take her through to college I think...

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love what you did with the borders!

knitnkwilt said...

Love those colors and the design shifting between strips and larger pieces. Waiting eagerly to see it quilted.

Sharon said...

Beautiful design! I'm looking forward to see your quilting!