Monday, January 5, 2015

Okay! It's Really Time to Get Serious!

With 2015 well on its way, Downtown Abby Recorded and Good Wife and Madame Secretary duly watched, I can rejoice that the month of December's horrible TV is now over!

I wanted to check in on the new Rainbow Scrap Challenge found here and found that while I was whittling away at a cookie tray of remaining 1.5 inch scraps the color this month is blue.

I have these scraps to add for my weekend.

I've also got the beginnings of a quilted pillow.  With only one patch left I think it's great.  I haven't decided on a quilting design yet, but I'll quilt it and make a pillow.  It'll remind me of my journey with my sister's Peacock Fancy.  Found Here




The colors are a bit off and the floor and the border look a bit weird in this picture, but in real life it's really quite lovely and will look great in my living room.


The reality that I really must get busy on the comfort bears I promised my daughter-in-law got me busy with the first bear.  It's not quite complete and it needs a bow from the flannel that I used for the ears and feet.  The pattern proved to be quite complicated for my non pattern mind, but I figured it out and then I found the picture directions on a Pinterest post I'd saved!  I'll work on more bears today now that the Prototype is nearly done.  I can do the handwork while watching my saved TV programs!
 Linking over to Oh Scrap for some fun ideas!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful colors. Love small squares anything.
Cute bear. Looks difficult.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

That bear is darling! Great use of those blue scrappy squares.

knitnkwilt said...

Love the peacock feather colors!

Helen in the UK said...

Happy New Year. Your comfort bear prototype is lovely :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You have sure been putting those small scraps to good use! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a darling bear.