Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Relaxing Day

Yesterday I worked so hard at the gym that I decided to take the day off and I just puttered around.

I started with cards for the Grands.




 I got the idea from Me and My Quilts

It's a fun way to make cards and I enjoy it much more than making postcards from fabric.  These go easily into an envelope and I have lots of blank cards.

The other night I worked on the quilting for this pillow.  I had to keep slowing the machine down and I don't think I did a very great job, but when it's in the pillow and after a couple of days, it doesn't look so bad to me.  One thing, I did use my glossy thread and I'm just not good enough to show off with it, but with the gold in some of the fabric it looks good on the pillow.



I bound three quilts that have been waiting for me to bind.


This fun one is more orange than the picture shows and I accidentally found a backing that had lots of that same color in the print.  This will go to Project Linus, locally.


This is the second to the last of the quilt from scraps of this.  I was able to order a polka dot from Thousands of Bolts to extend the colors quite well.  I have one more to put together and then I can bid good-bye to this fabric.  I really liked it, but after three quilts and one in the working stage, I think I've made it go as far as I can.  It started out as a Block of the Month at a local store and after I finished the big quilt, there were lots of pieces left, hence the crumb blocks.


These little things have been on my cutting table for sometime and now they are all trimmed and waiting to get made into pinwheels.  They are the leftovers from the Charming Stars Quilt, below:



 If you've read my blog at all you recognize this fabric--it, too has gone on forever.  I just couldn't bear making sashings, so I just sewed the blocks together for a donation quilt, but while it was sitting on the banister I thought it looked really good to add some turquoise into my living space so I'll probably keep this as a spring quilt.
Charming Stars
 
Terry has another fun sew along Here 
 
 
Here it is with a pillow I made and one I purchased before Christmas.

 This pillow is one I just made from some practice stitching maybe it was 2013--gosh time goes by so fast I can't remember, but I thought it just might make a great pillow and with the new quilt and pillow, it adds a bit of spring color to my living area.
 
 Found a couple of turquoise trinkets at the store and spruced up my hallway too!  Man, I'm on a roll!!!!


I'm still working on some blocks for Sunshine Yahoo Monthly Lotto, and I'm working out of some scraps for these.  February is red and March is green.   I have some green polka dots for more stars and they can go either February or March.
 
Hubby is off to his art class, and I may just put my feet up a bit and play words with friends.  I love these kind of days that everything seems to go together!
Linking over to  
 

2 comments:

Terry said...

Your charming stars look great put together like that! I love those colors! :0)

Vicki W said...

Holy cow, I'm tired reading all that! I really love your pillow and all of your quilts.....but especially the pillow!