Friday, February 6, 2015

At Week's End

Tomorrow I won't be quilting, so I'll post my week's finishes today.

It's been a busy week and I wanted to make a dent in some of the tops I'd completed.

For the RSC15 pink challenge, I dug deep into my pre-packed packages of fabrics I thought would work into quilts.  This rail fence came from a fat quarter pack that was less than desirable for me.  This quilt reminds me of Pepto Bismal.  I added the white thinking it might add some variety, but a third color would have worked better, but I'd counted out 15 fat quarters for a quilt along at Crazy Mom Quilts last June.  This is one I didn't get to last June, so it was waiting for me. 

It's now done!  It will most likely go in my pile of quilts that will go to Quilts Beyond Borders and I certainly hope there is a girl that loves pink!

The backing:
It doesn't show up very well, but the binding is a black with white polka dot. The backing fabric was in a bunch of fabric I got at a yard sale.  The biggest piece is for another quilt and this remainder worked by adding some of the rails to the back.


This next quilt was started last year for the rainbow challenge and I got it finished!  Whooppee!

Lost of crumbs and pink with a bit of green and the binding is black and white polka dot.

Linking over to Soscrappy Here for other pink challenge entries


This more subdued quilt is a cool one!  It doesn't scream at me.  It's just sort of calm and quiet.  Sometimes that's nice for a quilt.
The tiny flowers I quilted into the border:
Mostly I just wanted to get these quilts completed, so I didn't use complicated quilting.

Oh, I almost forgot the blues, from a January start:
 This one had a little surprise wonkiness in the quilting for the centers.

 Linking over to:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Richard and Tanya Quilts
Fabric Frenzy Friday
UFO Busting
 

19 comments:

Vicki W said...

You've been very busy! Some little girl will adore that pink quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I was thinging Pepto also. But some little girl who loves pink is going to adore it. You have quite a pile of very sweet quilts and well done!.

scraphappy said...

Lots of little girls love pepto pink. I am sure it will be perfect for someone else's taste.

Ariane said...

Love all your quilts! You did an amazing job getting them all done!!

Chantal said...

Of course a little girl will love your Pepto Quilt. Children have no idea what Pepto is so ... and the quilt is a little beauty ... just not the right colour for me but ... it's not for me so it is beautiful. Congrats on all these lovely finishes.

Béa said...

Wow I LOVE pink ! XXX

Kate said...

Wow, lots of progress on a lot of different fronts. Some little girl will absolutely love those pink rail fence blocks.

Julierose said...

How wonderful to have finishes to post! nice pink colorways...hugs, Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job on getting some finishes. Nice work!

Alycia said...

Your two pink quilts are fantastic!!! Someone will definitly love that one!!!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

What little girls is not going to love those quilts...and I for one LOVE pinks and greens. Well done.

Jennie in GA said...

Great finishes. Nice to get something you don't love finished so that you can move on to those you love!

Deb A said...

I'm sure there is a little girl out there that will treasure that quilt. Great finishes for you.

Karen said...

Some little girl is going to love the bright pink quilt. I really like your pink string quilt.

katie z. said...

Beautiful!

make.share.give said...

You can't go wrong with pink and black/white polka dot. Very nice work!

Sheila said...

Love all your quilts! You have been busy! Some little girl is going to love the pink quilt : )

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that second quilt . . . and yes, there will be a little girl somewhere who will LOVE your PB pink quilt, too.

Marsha Cooper said...

Wow! A whole quilt in pink. You sure outshine me and the few hexagons I am getting made.