Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Got my Verve Back!

Yesterday I went to my favorite chiropractor.  She's expecting and baby and in the conversation, I asked if I could make a baby quilt for her.  I need to hurry as the baby is due May 1st and she won't be working too much longer.

When I asked about colors, she suggested bright pink and lime green.  Well--I am a little short of each.  So I decided to make a quick trip to a sort of local quilt store.

Hubby said to me, "It's good to have Patti back.  You are your old self again!" 

It's amazing what a little bit of inspiration can do.

The trip to the store wasn't as fruitful as I'd hoped, but I found a few fat quarters I can use.  The new lime isn't quite the lime that I was hoping for, so I dug through some older projects and I think I can pull this off. 

I want "modern".

This is my design wall from some previous scraps.

 
This will be fun and although I've got a few things planned today, I think I can work on some ideas for this!
 
Yesterday I pulled the rest of my scraps from black and white into a little quilt.  I think I'll probably send this to Project Linus if my DIL doesn't want it.  I think if she thinks about it, she will realize that granddaughter doesn't need a new quilt.  We'll see, but anyhow it's sewn together for PL and if granddaughter will get it, I have one border ready.  I'm so glad to have most of my black and white used into quilts.  I love, black and white polka dot for girl quilts, and I love having black and white checks, but other than that, I don't see myself buying much black and white again.  It just isn't "me."
 


The other black and white, DIL wants for a gift, I think.  Haven't heard back yet, but if not it will go for donation--or maybe I'll keep it back for a what if gift...as they do come sometimes.
 

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sometimes our jump starts come from the most unplanned places. Glad to see you are into a fun place.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a cute quilt!

Helen in the UK said...

Pink and lime will certainly give you a spring feel while you're stitching! Enjoy the challenge and the time to play with modern and bright :)