Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some Days Seem Long

Hubby is on pain killers and sleeping a lot.  So--when he sleeps, I SEW!

I pulled out a backing and a top and was going to sandwich them, but the back just looked like it would make a top.  I decided to just quilt to enjoy the process and not hurry the result.  I did quite a bit of Organic quilting.  I tried using the ruler and I tried without.  I liked it better without.  No matter, my lines are not perfectly straight--they're organic.  This little quilt will be for Quilts Beyond Borders.



A close up of some of the quilting:



I quilted this little quilt that will go to Wrap A Smile.  The top was sent by another Sunshine member.
The backing was flannel waiting.  I'd tried to purchase more of it, but it seems to be discontinued, and all I had was a small piece, but just perfect for this quilt that is 38" by 38".

My quilter brought a quilt by yesterday and I got it bound.  I put it together last summer while making lots of HST's from scraps.  It is a bright spot for a friend.
 
Now if you'll excuse me, hubby is nodding off, I think I'll go make some blocks!



 

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are really making the most of your time! Love the quilts...all of them! Hope your hubby is getting better.

Kate said...

ooh all three are lovely - but the last one just jumps out and says "cheerful" to me !! Great work.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all three quilts - woo hoo - you are just using that time to the fullest!

Quilting Babcia said...

So glad you decided to turn that quilt back into a quilt - it's delightful! Actually they are all perfectly lovely.

Helen in the UK said...

More great quilty hugs, but I especially like the modern vibe of the first one. It definitely deserved to be a quilt in its own right :)