Friday, June 12, 2015

I'm Making Progress--City Sampler

About a month ago, I was ready to scrap this scrappy project! 

But I stuck with it.

Thursday I went into SLC and bought 26 FQ's of which I only needed about a 1.5 inch strip from each one.  You do the math at $3 a FQ.  But I got the depth of color that I needed for these blocks.  It's starting to come together nicely.  I finished block 81 this morning.

Whahooo!  19 to go!  And they look fairly easy!  Yay!

I think I now have the pneumonia behind me.  It's been a rough 3 weeks!  Today the sun is shining and I'm feeling great.

Off to Idaho later to pick up the grands for a short stay next week.


Checking in with Whoop Whoop Friday

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Glad you are feeling better! These blocks look fun.

Whitney Taylor said...

What a fun sampler. I am always impressed when people create stunning rainbow quilts. I don't think I could do it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. This looks wonderful!

Helen in the UK said...

Glad you're feeling better. The sampler is looking fabulous, but (ouch!) that's a lot of $$$ to have to spend. Hope this is going to be a 'keeper' :)

Quilting Babcia said...

What a fun sampler this is going to be. Had to come back a second time to look at it again. Love your colors! Have fun with the grands!

quiltmusings said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your quilt is looking fantastic. I am not usually a great fan of sampler type quilts, but this quilt totally grabs my attention and holds it. Can't wait to see how it finishes up.

Ruth said...

I'm still on block thirtysomething and I had the fabric bought as a FQB for it already! Hope you get to 100% better soon!