Monday, February 15, 2016

 
Baby Quilt for my Niece 
 


The mail is funny!  I sent this quilt to my niece in northern Utah.  I live in the far south of Utah but sent it Priority.  Well, I finally found the receipt with the tracking when she hadn't received it by Saturday.  It had gone to Provo, UT and then back to St George.  Today I got notice it's now on its way.  I hope she receives it tomorrow since today is a holiday.

I tried my hand at swirls after practicing and watching Jamie Wallen videos on you tube.  The pattern comes from Jo's Country Junction and is called "A Star is Born."  I'll never be as good as Jamie, but I did enjoy trying to practice on a piece of quilt rather than drawing the swirls.



HST's aren't my favorite, but I've found them to be very good for just mindless sewing when I need something to return to in order to fill some time.

I sat in the sun the other day and enjoyed the 60 degree weather here. 
 
 
 
A funny coincidence happened when I saw the picture of her nursery, I had found some fabric with elephants in it and used some for some of the HST's.
 
Here is the nursery, all ready for its star to be born.


2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

So pretty and looks like it's perfect for the nursery!

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!