Monday, February 15, 2016



I've found my way back into the quilting world.

Much has changed in my life and I'm finding that quilting is again giving me a sense of direction and just some time to think.  I finished this quilt recently and when I was invited to my niece's baby shower I sent this quilt so that she'd have something to open from Auntie Pat.  I'm so excited for her.  She's wanted a baby for so long and finally it's about to make an entrance!

On the personal front I'm finding my way.  Hubby and I are trying a trial separation.  After 50 years I wasn't sure what I wanted, but it seemed like change kept coming into my vocabulary.  It hasn't been easy.  We are keeping communication open and we're not making any decision for at least one year.  I've lost communication with my children over this.  After all these years of me supporting them in their decisions even when I didn't always like them, this seems like a bitter pill to swallow, but here I am just learning to see what life is like on the other side of the fence.  Funny isn't it?

5 comments:

Debbie said...

whoa....that is some change you are going thru. So sorry to hear you lack family support, but will pray for your decision making.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is still good to hear from you. You have to do make makes you feels right in your own heart. Best wishes for you.

Carol E. said...

Pattilou, so sorry to hear about your family struggles. Kids, at any age, can do the darndest things. I'm praying that they and you will reconcile (eventually - it may take a while). I had a bit of time when I never heard from my daughter, but she is back in my life, and I'm so happy. Hoping for the same for you.

Praying for you and your family. Glad quilting is helping you. Come say HI at Sunshine! (if you want to)

Vicki W said...

I'm sorry to hear about all you are going through but happy that you are finding some peace and calm in your quilting. Hopefully time will be healing for everyone.

mmae said...

I'm sending you the very best good wishes and great hope for a wonderful future full of happiness.
I have found great help in praying for wisdom & then asking the Lord to show me things as they REALLY are & as He sees them. Perhaps that will work for you, too.
-Of course it depends entirely upon your views & thoughts, but i wanted to share something that has been helpful here :)
Upward & onward!
Best wishes for your happiness Always!
Marise