Thursday, March 24, 2016

Living life now without my Design wall


As I stated in my last post I am living without a design wall.  I just sent off a package of blocks made from scraps of green.  The went to Sunshine to be used by other quilters as quilts for other projects.  I have always posted pictures of those blocks I've sent off, but this month I didn't.
 
As I sorted through scraps I found some small scraps and then tried to extend it into a quilt.  I used analogous colors and it turned out fairly well.  It's bright and fun.  I did think I had the sides measured correctly for the fitting of the border--wrong!  I was off a bit, but after having cut and shifted twice I just went with it and added one half a block to each side and it worked.  Now for the quilting--but there's lots going on this week and I am recovering from a bad cold/sore throat.
 



 
 
This piece was going to be bigger, but I still have lots of pieces left that I can work into a quilt for myself.  As I got three rows done, I realized it could be a smaller quilt as well.  I think I will try this one on my quilting mid-arm machine.
 
 
 
So no pictures of my blocks--I'll try to figure out how best to show works in progress.  I thought I could make this pattern scrappy, and I did, but as I looked at the pattern again, I noticed there were places that showed a light off white that I ignored, which would have made for a visually better quilt, but as this turned out, for now it's great and I'll adjust for my new one from this pattern. 

For now I'm still easing back into some sort of routine!  ...and I'm smiling!!!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Glad you are feeling better. I don't have a design wall either. I do like the bottom scrappy quilt - it flows for me.

Vicki W said...

Glad you are getting back in the groove! I like both of these tops.