As I stated in my last post I am living without a design wall. I just sent off a package of blocks made from scraps of green. The went to Sunshine to be used by other quilters as quilts for other projects. I have always posted pictures of those blocks I've sent off, but this month I didn't.
As I sorted through scraps I found some small scraps and then tried to extend it into a quilt. I used analogous colors and it turned out fairly well. It's bright and fun. I did think I had the sides measured correctly for the fitting of the border--wrong! I was off a bit, but after having cut and shifted twice I just went with it and added one half a block to each side and it worked. Now for the quilting--but there's lots going on this week and I am recovering from a bad cold/sore throat.
This piece was going to be bigger, but I still have lots of pieces left that I can work into a quilt for myself. As I got three rows done, I realized it could be a smaller quilt as well. I think I will try this one on my quilting mid-arm machine.
For now I'm still easing back into some sort of routine! ...and I'm smiling!!!